Thursday, January 8, 2015

Vivian's Birth


This was my first time to deliver at Longview Regional. I had heard great things, but was still a little nervous about doing something "new".  My delivery was set for "somewhere around 8:30". My dr had to do a tubal before me & wasn't sure when the other surgeon would be there. We arrived at the hospital around 6:45.


Last few hours of being PREGNANT
We decided to let Kate skip a little school and be at the hospital for the birth.  I hope it's something she remembers!!  Around 8:30, they gave us the 30 minute warning!  We were getting close!



 My mom got to come in the OR for Natalie's birth & we were hoping it would work out for Vivian's. My Dr. had warned that Regional was a little more strict, but thanks to my wonder Anesthesiologist she got to come in!

 I really was thankful for my experience in the OR this time.  My CRNA was AMAZING.  I had told him that I usually spent most of the surgery nauseated and struggling because my blood pressure crashes with the spinal block. He was super aggressive & it was so much better!  There was some medicine he gave me to help stabilize my blood pressure.  He said the average person needs about half-3/4 of a bottle.  I took in between FOUR AND FIVE!  No wonder I've felt so bad the other times.
 We couldn't believe it when they called out that she was so little! 8lb 9oz!  Kate was 8.12, Hannah was 9.10, and Natalie 10.7.  So we fully expected a huge baby!  She was still one of the bigger babies in the nursery, but for us, it's tiny!!


this was one of the only times I was feeling nauseated the whole time.  I really did want to look at her!



One of my new favorite pictures ever!  So glad she was there!





Excuse my puffy face ;-)

And then it was off to school for this big girl!  It was spirit week at school for Throwback Thursday, Kate dressed for the 50s!




No comments: