Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"School"

When baby #3 entered our house, a very wise friend advised David to suggest that my big girls go to Mother's Day Out.  Oh.my.goodness.  I was so thankful.  The simple things like the grocery store, running any type of errand, or the dishes had become pretty difficult with three kids 3 & under.  So I went on the hunt, and found what I think is going to be a great "school' for the girls.

They will go Monday & Wednesday from 9-2:30.  The curriculum includes a music day, a bible class day, "career" weeks, field trips, letters, numbers, etc. I'm nervous about how naps will go - seeing as how Kate is a mess to get to take a nap these days & Hannah's still in a crib.  (But, these people are used to these things & I'm sure they'll work their magic!

The past few weeks we've been collecting all the necessities - backpacks, lunchboxes, and I decided I'd make their "nap mats".  Whew!   Definitely didn't realize what I had gotten myself into (many, many, many hours) until it was too late, but I was happy with the results.

I combined a few different patterns to make them.  Kate's I left the pillow & blanket detached since she is used to having it that way.

all three together


The nap mat
her pillow

her blanket
On Hannah's I attached the pillow to the top since she's not used to sleeping on a pillow usually.  I hope it keeps it from getting away from her.
Hannah's nap mat
close up of her pillow

her blanket wasn't done when I took these pictures, but this is the fabric that is on the back of it.

And here are their outfits laid out & ready to go!

can't get this picture to rotate for anything...oh well.


I think we're ready to go!


2 comments:

RanAshKenCoop said...

I'm way impressed friend!! Great job!

Janette said...

Oh wow, those are so cute!! :)