Thursday, March 15, 2012

I won! I won!

One of my best friends from high school is living her dream!  We spent almost every day of our high school basketball season going home after 5th period, making nachos in the microwave, busting out the chocolate chip cookie dough, and settling in to watching TLC's "A Wedding Story".  It was such a fun season of life & one we both remember fondly with lots of great memories.

Jessica and I both got degrees from A&M, got married, and started life.  Well, having married a military man, she moved off to all sorts of places around the states as he served our country.  They have settled in Bakersfield, CA for the past few years where Jessica has started a photography business.  People, she is INCREDIBLE.

I have always admired her work from afar and dreamed of being able to work with her.  Well.  At the beginning of February, she put up a competition on her blog - you could enter to win a "couple's photoshoot" for Valentine's Day.  I was THRILLED when she mentioned she'd be in Austin over Spring Break - because we were too!  So, I immediately entered.  I may have even been a little obnoxious as she advertised the competition on Facebook, suggesting that it wasn't necessary, that I would just go ahead and collect my winnings.  Even in my silliness though, I never really expected to win - BUT I DID!!


I loved, loved, loved working Jess.  It had been many years since we'd seen each other & I loved that she got to meet my family. David & I hadn't our pictures taken by ourselves since having kids, and she was sweet enough to let me sneak my girls in for the end of the shoot too!

Enough talking!  Here are my favorites!














I was already 7 1/2 months pregnant (see: round face), my girls weren't so interested in smiling at all, AND it rained most of our shoot (see: frizzy hair), but I love these memories that I have captured now.

Thank you Jess!!


Also - thought I'd add that she is totally willing to travel.  Something to keep in mind!!!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Those are great pictures!! :)

Jessica Frey Photography said...

Mama! Ohhh, love seeing this blog post and am so excited we were able to not only hang out and catch up the last 10 years, but that I could document this amazing time in your life! Your family is beautiful and I'm so happy to see you doing well - big hugs always! I think of you often when I see cookie dough, mariah carey or get on a court! Good luck in the upcoming weeks with your new sweet baby girl!

Courtney said...

Great pictures AND I SO wanted that dress for Karsyn but it didn't come in her size :( I was super bummed. Maybe I'll have to borrow one of yours for her when she can fit in that size...even if it's just for a picture. :)