David updated his Facebook status on Friday to say this:
"Headed to College Station this weekend to celebrate Bethany Mitchellgetting her aggie ring! Whoop! Always feels like going home..."
I couldn't agree more. That line played in my head all weekend. As we pulled into town, it felt like I could just take a deep breath & relax. Like I was home.
We had such a great weekend - filled with friends - old and new, Aggie rings, ring dunkings, good food, and lots of great family time.
We pulled into town just in time to see Bethany get her ring!
I took this picture because I was thinking about how different our lives are from when we used to walk this campus. You know, we've gone from carefree people to an old guy pushing a double stroller! ha!
While David, his parents & Bethany went into a very crowded building to get her ring, I hung with the girls in an open field.Hannah Lynn - Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '33
Me & my girls :-)

Kathryn Elizabeth - Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '31


At least one was looking and smiling - right?

Whoop!!
The next morning we met the Coleman's for an old tradition on Saturday morning breakfast! They were also in town to celebrate - Jackie got her ring too! We used to meet them every Saturday when the girls were still living at home, so we picked it up again! This time we skipped out on the biscuits & pancakes and headed to Los Nortenos (David used to go once a week in college) in downtown Bryan to enjoy their HUGE breakfast tacos.bigger than David's hand!
Saturday afternoon we got to have lunch with Jeremy, Niki & Cody Lewis - I forgot to take any pictures - but it was one of the highlights of the trip for us. We worked with/for Jeremy (he is the youth minister at Central Baptist) while we were in college. Such a great time of catching up & reminiscing!



1 comment:
Loved hearing about your College Station weekend! We totally agree - every time we go we say the same thing about feeling like it's home. Maybe reunion should be there one year!
Post a Comment