
We have had lots of fun with Nana & Poppa lately! About a month ago, they came to town for the weekend to visit Kate, and I decided to take advantage of the baby sitting & plan a night out for David and I.

We started our evening at Daniel & Jenny's wedding shower. After we left, we headed over David's parent's house. It may sound like a strange place to go for a night away - but with the lousy choice of hotels in the area, I decided it was better to have a free place to stay!
When we got there, we watched the movie Fireproof. It definitley had a cheesy factor, but had a great story and some really good reminders! Then, we headed out to the hottub under the stars, followed by some yummy cheesecake. We stayed in the upstairs apartment in the pool house - and had the whole house to ourselves - much better than a stuff hotel!
The whole time Kate had a great time hanging out with Nana & Poppa back at our house. They were great babysitters - and I definitely don't think I had to twist their arms to have some time with her!

Thanks Nana & Poppa!
1 comment:
I understand the getting behind. My blog has been neglected recently too! Love that you guys got away and hey I'd go to David's parents house over a local hotel myself!
Post a Comment